overview NEW! - SIMPLE AND ADVANCED PERIMETER PROTECTION - A PRODUCT OF THE GREEN SECURITY REVOLUTION FAMILY The Electronic Field Fence Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (PIDS) is IDS-Fence's newest development in Perimeter Security. Based on the well know and cost-effective Field type fences, they system is very easy and fast to deploy and install in any height needed, without the need for special skills or tools, and it can be installed into existing fences or walls (Retrofit) or as a Stand-Alone system in places where there is no fence. APPLICATIONS:
- Water Security: Protection for water sources, reservoirs, water pipes and valve stations, etc. against theft or sabotage.
- Oil Security: Protection for oil wells, oil pipes, pumping stations, valve stations, etc. against theft or sabotage.
- Railroad and Steel Track Security: Protection for railroads and railways against animals crossing the tracks, people approaching with the intention to steal or sabotage the equipment, early alarm in cases of rock or snow avalanches, etc.
- Agricultural fields: Protection against intrusions into agricultural fields, plantations, orchards, etc. with the intention to steal crops, equipment, livestock, etc.
- Packing plants: Protection against intrusions with criminal intent.
How it works IDS-Fence's unique sensor posts are installed every 50 mts. and specially designed wire connectors attach the fence wires to the sensor post, providing constant sensibility throughout its whole length. The system provides immediate and accurate detection in any event of an intrusion by way of climbing or cutting the fence activating IDS-Fence's unique Strain Gauge Sensor that is typically set to alert when forces greater than 15 kgs. are applied to it. This ensures that the system will not be activated by small animals, vegetation, weather conditions or any other environmental factors in the area so there are Zero False Alarms.
Installation and Maintenance Installation is quick and easy, just as installing any field fence, and requires no special training or tools. The system needs no scheduled maintenance operations. Authorized personnel can access the maintenance mode on the central control computer and decide if the sensors require maintenance, thus, only the sensor's with queries need to be serviced, saving valuable maintenance time and resources. The wide dynamic range of the system's sensors allows for longer intervals between maintenance operations.